Thursday, August 5, 2010

I Could Only Use My Nose

Hey Folks.  This is my latest album I recently wrote and recorded for a High Contrast Review  - an online arts and culture magazine where I serve as an editor.   I wrote and recorded all the songs during the winter and spring of 2010.  The album will be included in a book High Contrast Review is in the process of publishing for $20.   The album is also for sale here as a digital download for $7.50.  If you want, I can send you a hand printed CD for $12.00.    The album includes 13 songs, all instruments and voices played and recorded by myself with a couple guest voices including Kari Treadwell and Tina Celis.
         I'm regularly asked what type of music I play.  This question challenges me because I have trouble categorizing my sound.  I've found that the easiest way to do so is to ask my friends how they would characterize my sound.  Many of my friends describe my music as a mixture of Neil Young and Built To Spill, merging honest lyrics with both melodic and unpredictable instrumentals.  I've put a lot of work into this album and I'm pleased with the results.  I'm offering this album on this new blog which I created yesterday, 8/4/2010 in an ongoing lifelong goal to merge my passion for outdoor adventure and the arts.  While this album is not directly about climbing - none of my music is - I find that my artistic and outdoor pursuits merge by way of their ability to provide me consistent emotional connections to my surroundings. Click HERE to hear a sample.  I hope you enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment